So this weekend was a big one in The House of Ables as Charles made his first visit to watch LSU play in Tiger Stadium. I took his cousins, Corey and Tyler, and we all had a blast.
On the way down to Baton Rouge, I took extra care to make sure that they all knew what to do as far as keeping up with the cheers. We practiced what to do after an LSU first down (the PG version), how to do Chinese Bandits for a third down stop or a turnover, and when to spelll out T-I-G-E-R-S after a touchdown. Luckily, we got more practice doing these at the game as LSU romped over Louisiana Tech, 58-10. Charles was happy to be able to hear the songs from the band he's heard so many times on our well worn LSU Band CD and impressed the lady behind us when he actually knew the words to the LSU alma mater and sang them loudly.
The next morning, I took the boys to go see all the homecoming decorations and to stop by Mike the Tiger's cage, which is actually more like a Taj Mahal for the big feline. Tyler says he's still going to Ole Miss, but if his brother goes to LSU like he says he is, I predict he'll crack.
We all had a great time, and Whitney and I can't wait to take John Wells and Charles to the Arkansas game in two weeks.
Geaux Tigers ! !

<< Home